Accredited membership acknowledges that practitioners have now achieved an appropriate level of qualification. This level of membership of NAPCP recognises each member’s standard of professional training and competence to develop a professional service to members of the public. Accreditation also assures the client that the practitioner will work within an agreed ethical framework and code of practice.
Supervision Requirements for Accreditation:
During training: ratio of 5:1
For trained, pre-accredited counsellors: ratio of 10:1
For accredited counsellors: ratio of 20:1
For accredited counsellors with 5 or more years of experience: 30:1
If there are, for example, four members in the group with a qualified supervisor for a two hour session, that counts as two hours of supervision for each counsellor present.
1. Pre-accredited counsellors: Group supervision may account for up to 25% of the total amount of supervision required for accreditation;
2. Accredited counsellors: Group supervision may account for up to 50% of the total amount of supervision required;
3. Accredited for more than 5 years: Group supervision may account for up to 75% of the total amount of supervision required.
We support accredited members in the following ways:
- Membership of a recognised national association and network of professionals – NAPCP is a recognised accreditation body and is also a member of the Psychological Therapies Forum
- A listing of your name, area of expertise / specialisation and contact details on the NAPCP website
- A subsidised rate to our frequently held workshops
- Access to the NAPCP office for support and information
- An opportunity to put forward a motion at the NAPCP A.G.M
- A vote at the annual A.G.M
- An opportunity to take a seat on the Board of NAPCP
- Recognised accreditation for a five year period