Accredited Supervisor membership acknowledges that NAPCP accredited practitioners have successfully completed a relevant supervision course. Accreditation also assures the Supervisee that the Accredited Supervisor will work within an agreed ethical framework and code of practice.
Support for Supervisors
- Membership of a recognised national association and network of professionals
- A listing on the register of Accredited Supervisors on the NAPCP website
- Full access to the NAPCP database for referrals
- A subsided rate to our frequently held workshops
- Access to the NAPCP office for support and information
- An opportunity to put forward a motion at the NAPCP A.G.M.
- A vote at the annual A.G.M.
- An opportunity to take a seat on the Board of NAPCP
- Recognised Supervisor Accreditation for a 5 year period
Criteria for Application for NAPCP Accredited Supervisor
- Have completed a recognised course in Counselling/Psychotherapy
- Be an accredited counsellor/psychotherapist with a recognised accreditation body
- Have worked as a supervised counsellor/psychotherapist for five years post accreditation
- Are currently, and have been for the last 3 years in continuous supervised practice as a counsellor/ psychotherapist
- Have successfully completed a 100 hours recognised course in supervision
- As required during training, have completed 50 hours of supervised supervision work. First time accredited supervisors must have a ratio of 5:1 of supervision work
- Agree to work within the NAPCP Code of Ethics
- Write a short essay (1,000 words) on your philosophy of supervision
- Pay the processing fee for application to become a supervisor (€120.00)
- Have paid the annual membership fee (€170.00)
Please note: When applying for accreditation and renewal of accreditation, you will be required to complete the Garda Vetting process Vetting Pocedure for NAPCP
Pay with PayPal