In light of recent government advice, the NAPCP office is closed until further notice, however staff are working remotely. Please email all queries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs: Coronavirus and your practice
Should we be continuing with face-to-face work with our clients?
Can I offer telephone or online counselling instead?
- that the reason for doing so is to prevent the spread of the virus. If either party is experiencing symptoms of coronavirus the best option may be to take a break from therapy until fully recovered.
- you are competent to deliver therapy via these two methods (see BACP competency framework for telephone and e-counselling)
- delivering therapy via this method is suited to the needs of the client and the material being discussed. Telephone or online therapy may not be suitable for all clients or certain issues.
- you can re-contract with the client to take into consideration any differences in delivering therapy via this method
- your supervisor is competent to supervise online practice
For older clients who do not have access to, or experience of, video-calling, continuing sessions by telephone may be the best alternative to face to face sessions.
Can these online/telephone counselling hours be used towards my accreditation?
- The board recently agreed that (only during this COVID 19 period):
- For Pre-Accredited and Accredited members, online/telephone counselling hours can be used towards accreditation
For Student members, online/telephone counselling hours cannot be counted towards the 100 hour requirement, although students can still continue to provide counselling using this method.
Welcome to the NAPCP
Established in 1994, we provide accreditation to counsellors and psychotherapists, and work to set professional standards for Counsellors & Psychotherapists in Ireland. We also provide accreditation of counselling centres and training programs.
Continuous Professional Development
NAPCP members actively engage in continuing educational opportunities offered by the provision of in-service training in specialised areas of practice, as well as advanced courses outside of the organisation …Read more