- Participants will obtain a clear understanding of the basic experiential and systemic concepts of an “Emotionally Focused” approach to therapy.
- Participants will be able to view clients in the web of their interpersonal attachments and conceptualise relationship distress and repair based on theories of attachment and emotion.
- EFT is a relational therapy. The time spent together will focus on the general model of EFT as laid out in the 2019 book, Attachment Theory in Practice, and teach the model as implemented in couple and individual therapy sessions.
- Participants will develop skills in sharing and maintaining an engaged, open, and collaborative alliance with clients.
- Participants will develop skills in the 5 moves of the basic macro-intervention – the EFT Tango – in order to change patterns of affect regulation, models of self and others, strategies for engaging others, and interactional patterns.
- Participants will develop skills in EFT micro-interventions taken from experiential and systemic models of intervention.
[CPD 6 Hours]
James Parrin is the founder of the Irish Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy. He is an EFT trainer, ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy) certified EFT trainer, supervisor/consultant and therapist.
Please note: Lunch is included at no extra cost