The Minister for Health invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the Counsellors and Psychotherapists Registration Board.
Candidates who are counsellors and psychotherapists are invited to apply under one or more of the following categories:
(1) Practitioners of the profession(s).
(2) Managers of counselling and psychotherapist services.
(3) Persons engaged in the State in the education and training of counselling and psychotherapist practitioners.
Please note that two successful candidates who are counsellors/psychotherapists shall also be appointed to the Health and Social Care Professionals Council as professional members of the designated profession(s).
Persons who are not counsellors and psychotherapists are invited to apply to be representative of one or more of the following categories:
(1) The management of the public health sector, the social care sector or both sectors.
(2) The management of a voluntary or private sector organisation concerned with health or social care.
(3) The interests of the general public. The Minister for Health must obtain consent of the Minister for Business, Enterprise and Innovation for appointments under this category.
All candidates must demonstrate knowledge or experience, at an appropriately senior level, of one or more of the following:
-Irish healthcare system knowledge/experience.
The following are also considered desirable:
-Previous experience of board membership.
-Evidence of an ability to work with others and build consensus with a broad range of stakeholders.
In considering applications due regard will be given to Government policy on gender balance on State Boards.
Please Note the Closing Date for this Campaign is 15:00 on 13 August 2018
For more information on how to apply: http://www.stateboards.ie/stateboards/campaignAdvert/88595.htm