Training in Online Therapy Skills, Ethics & Legal considerations (Ireland & UK) will include:
- Online Therapeutic Relationship & Alliance – deepening your connection
- Online Therapy Skills, Ethics & Legal considerations (Ireland & UK)
- Contracting for online therapy & between session boundaries (sample contracts provided)
- Assessing suitability
- Working with vulnerable clients and how to manage emergencies
- Exploring Online Transference
- Understanding and working with the disinhibition effect in online therapy
- Online support available for therapists
- Legal implications for Online Counselling & Psychotherapy provision
- Working with technology: variations in Online therapy provision – with practical tips
- Communication Skills & Confidentiality – including how to manage breaches in Confidentiality
- Insurance & Supervision requirements
Certified CPD x 7 Hours – Professional Training in Online Counselling & Psychotherapy
Online Therapy has become an increasingly popular choice for therapists and clients, following the introduction to this therapeutic delivery approach during Covid 19. Including Online Therapy as part of your practice, even if you are choosing to return to face to face work in centres, ensures that you have a practice that is versatile to support client needs, now and into the future. The demand for Online Therapy is likely to continue to increase with 90% of Irish people using the internet daily. Although it may not be suited to all therapists or clients, there is considerable evidence supporting the use of online counselling and psychotherapeutic engagement.
This workshop will offer clear insights into the advantages and considerations regarding its use. It will also examine some of the evidence and provide practical training in the therapeutic skills, ethics and legal implications of providing online therapy in Ireland & UK as a counsellor, psychotherapist or psychologist.
Ann Bracken, MA, Grad.Dip. PG Dip. PG Certs, AMIACP, AMBICA Ann Bracken is an accredited, trained and experienced Online Counselling Psychotherapist, Online Supervisor and Lecturer specifically qualified in Online Counselling. Ann has over 19 years’ experience (six years working primarily online) – working in hospital settings, private practice and for university and corporate groups and individuals in the UK and Ireland. Ann is also a lecturer on an MA and BA Hons. Counselling & Psychotherapy degree course and is a feature writer and author on psychological health and wellness. Previous to working as a Counselling Psychotherapist, Ann worked in marketing and also with BBC and RTE Television. She draws on this experience and a portfolio of resources to support this training provision.
Please note: There will be a lunch break and two short coffee breaks.
If you are an NAPCP member and are interested in attending, please click HERE to register.
If you are not an NAPCP member but would like to attend, please click HERE.